Sunday, April 12, 2020

Phoenix Vegan Festival 2020 at Margaret T. Hance Park

Here are a few of the photos I took when I went to the Phoenix Vegan Festival that took place at Margaret T. Hance Park about a month before all festivals and large gatherings were nixed for the COVID-19 madness. I took a lot of photos while I was there for a "composition" project (basically a set up the shot and wait for something to happen). There were only a few I felt worked well with the assignment, and most of them happened outside of the gates of the festival. Ah well, still good to have a focus and purpose aside from just stuffing my face at the festival, heh heh.
I like the way this is balanced with "PORTRAIT" at the top left, and some super cheesy smiling couple at the bottom right. This was unprompted, taken of people I don't know and didn't ask for their photo - a genuine moment. Also I took a shit load of photos with this "Portrait" sign at the top, but this one was the best.

When I first saw this lady from across the park I thought she was smiling at me. Turns out that was my rose colored glasses - she actually looked quite lonely when I looked at her photos.

This scene caught my attention because of the juxtaposition. The homeless guy who has to sleep outside sitting under the lamppost like it's a tree vs. the lady who took her dog on a walk, sitting under an actual tree. Something felt appealing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment