Sunday, April 12, 2020

Arizona Renaissance Festival 2020

Here are more from the composition project in my last post. These were taken at the Arizona Renaissance Festival 2020, also a couple weeks before the gatherings were all shut down.
Falcon Mirror; This little falcon's wings are mirrored in shape by the bouncy apparatus behind it, and I LOVED that! Plus he's super cute. Wish the guy holding the falcon had been looking my way, but the fact that he doesn't care about me while the bird was looking directly toward me - kind of cool.

Eagle Bounce Ramp; So much chaos! This photo was taken as a wider shot, but I liked the chaos it created to tighten up the subject matter. The eagle's bowed head created a frame for his handler, and on top of that, the kid's legs perfectly poised as though they are running up the eagle's neck.

Frumpy Baubles; I really dig the colors and ordered chaos on this one and all the different textures of the necklaces and corks and incense sticks. This girls' expression was so genuine and focused she may have found it unflattering but she could see I was taking a picture and just went right on about her business with her little crinkled expression and I found it endearing.

Punk Rock Color Shock! Same stand as the last photo, but with two girls from an alien planet (haha). I like the colors of the photo and far off expression of the girl in white, and the unusual 'do of the other one. It's as though the Renaissance period was invaded by an alien race (maybe I've just seen too much Star Trek?).

Fire Eating is a Mistake; What I love about this is actually the out of focus little girl, who was covering her eyes pretty much the WHOLE time the fire eater was up there. When I gave a little cheer, the girl looked back at me with a scowl, as though my encouraging cheer was putting the fire eater in danger, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment