Friday, April 10, 2020

Backyard Brawl

This semester I was coaxed into taking a photography class with a friend who got a new camera and wanted to learn how to use it. This has been great because for the last many years photography has felt like something of a chore as family members strong-arm me into taking photos for all occasions. What I once loved about photography was having the opportunity to show people the world through my eyes with things I loved or found cool or interesting or saw in a way that I wanted to share. Once it became a chore or a job, the passion died and it morphed into a drudgery. I am also lazy so seeking out an activity for the sole purpose of obtaining artistic photographs is not something I would do unprompted. What can I say? I'm not proud of myself for it, but it's part of who I am. Anyway, I'm going to be uploading some photos that I've taken as a result of this class and I'm really pleased to have some things to be proud of again, if only for the remainder of the semester. Here are my two dogs wrestling in my back yard. I LOVE the way their faces are lined up, especially their little mouths! So cute and perfectly framed with one another!
Taken near 19th Avenue & the Loop 101 in Phoenix, AZ on a fine spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment