Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mr. Lucky's

Now vacant, Mr. Lucky's used to be a bar with a big draw on Grand Avenue in Phoenix. The old and faded sign, a sinister smiling joker, still stands as a beacon of what once was. The building is surrounded in chain link fence, and is home to a friendly rottweiler family (mama, papa, and baby rottweiler) who will gladly lick your fingers and chase you along the fence, as long as you befriend the excitable Papa Rottweiler first. Though now closed, Mr. Lucky's holds a special place in my heart. Many moons ago when my mom and dad were young and enamored with one another, they shared a trailer behind Mr. Lucky's - the trailer in which I was conceived. Without Mr. Lucky's, there would be no me. That's a very classy story for me to tell at parties and social gatherings.





Location: 3660 Grand Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85019-3407

No comments:

Post a Comment